Acupuncture for pain
Do you want to naturally relieve your pain problems?
We offer you relief from physical pain, emotional stress, allergies, and more.
Weight loss and facial rejuvenation, by empowering your body’s natural ability to heal with
Acupuncture and Bio-energetic therapies.
Location Weston Fl
Free consultation and price
Get all answers about Acupuncture and your specific needs. We will talk about insurance plans coverage and the frequency of treatments.
Prices vary depending on the complexity, frequency, and type of therapies. Price range from $80 to $120. Call for more information!.
Alternative or complementary
Acupuncture is either an alternative or a complementary therapy for your health conditions. You can do it as supportive therapy for other treatments like chiropractor, physical therapy, medical treatments, working instead or together for better results, and reducing side effects.
Finding the root
Retrain your body
Finding the root
Retrain your body
Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Dark Spots and Stained Skin
Acupuncture for Weight Loss
- Ear Seeds for Weight Loss
- Acupuncture for Belly Fat
Acupuncture for Pain
- Back and Lower Back
- Carpal Tunnel
- Chronic Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Muscle Strain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rotator Cuff
- And Others
Acupuncture for Mental Health
- Menopause Symptoms
- Menstrual Cramps
- Period Pain
Digestive System Acupuncture
- Irritable Colon
- Gastric Pain
- Gut Health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Stomach Issues
Acupuncture For Fertility
- IVF Acupuncture
- Ear Seeds For Fertility
- Acupuncture For Male Infertility
Acupuncture in Otolaryngology
- Nasal Congestion
- Sinus Headaches
Acupuncture for Sports
- Acupuncture for Athletics
- Golf Elbow
- Tennis Elbow
- Sport Medicine
- Sports Injuries
Acupuncture for Cancer
- Oncology acupuncture
- Cancer Patients
- Cancer Pain Relief
- Chemotherapy Side Effect Symptoms
- Enlarged Prostate and Cancer
Acupuncture for Postoperative Pain
- Postoperative Pain Management
- Alternative Pain Management After Surgery
- Post-Surgery Nerve Pain
Contact us to treat your health problem.
How it works
FREE Initial Phone Consultation
My name is Dr. Liliana Gomez Botero AP. I'm a Florida-certified and licensed acupuncture practitioner. I've been practicing Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in Weston for the last fourteen years.
At Sanar Acupuncture, I offer Advanced Alternative Medicine with Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Herbal formulas, and supplements.
To be a licensed acupuncturist in Florida, it is necessary to meet strict requirements. In addition to the initial years of study, continuing education is required to have a valid degree. Each year, proof of training and updates on certified study centers must be presented.
I also must comply with insurance, safe Acupuncture needle disposal, and other regulations.
I'm here to support you on your journey towards a higher quality of life, helping you restore balance and find harmony within your life, body, and soul.
I hope the information on this site helps you make a well-informed decision about trying Acupuncture to treat pain or other health problem.
Are you ready for your healing journey?
How much Acupuncture cost?
Does acupuncture hurt?
Talk to your therapist about what to expect and discuss any concerns about the procedure before the treatment begins.
Is acupuncture safe?
Needling is the most common technique used to stimulate acupoints. Needles are exceptionally thin and rounded-edge, so they can’t cut your skin; they’re also sterile, disposable, so avoiding any risk of infection.
Does acupuncture have any side effects?
Unlike conventional Western Medicine, alternative Medicine is designed to work according to nature. By enhancing all body functions, it activates the immune system response; therefore, the healing process comes from inside your body.
This natural and non-invasive treatment provides an analgesic and sedating effect to help pain release, also minimal or non-existent side effects compared to prescribed medications.
How long do treatments last? How many sessions will I need?
At Sanar Healing, the first visit consists of evaluating your current condition, diagnosis, and herbal formulas to suggest for an individualized treatment plan. Then we'll discuss with you the method, frequency, and the number of sessions that can better suit your needs and expectations.
What is the best type of acupuncture for me?
Our healing techniques may include Cupping, Moxibustion, Tuina massage, Gua Sha, and Herbal Prescription; also the use of non-invasive tools like energy amplifiers, magnets, and colored-light.
When looking for Acupuncture in Weston, Pembroke Pines, Cooper City, or Plantation, we offer you customized treatments.
We'll make sure the recommended technique and intent of the treatment fit for your unique condition, diagnosis, and criteria.
Is acupuncture effective for pain?
Pain relief is a common reason for seeking acupuncture and other complementary and integrative health therapies.
Several studies from health professional organizations have demonstrated how pain affects people’s lives. They also suggest that some alternative medicine treatments may help people manage chronic pain and pain-related disability.
What exactly is chronic pain?
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health defines chronic pain as pain that “lasts more than several months (…), longer than normal healing.”
According to them, chronic pain can come from “an underlying disease or health condition, an injury, medical treatment (such as surgery), inflammation, or a problem in the nervous system.”
Various studies from NCCIH have revealed the impact of this condition affecting millions of Americans.
- The National Health Interview Survey 2012 show that:
“About 25.3 million U.S. adults (11.2 percent) had pain every day for the previous 3 months”, and “nearly 40 million adults (17.6 percent) had severe pain.”
- Individuals with severe pain had worse health, used more health care, and had more disability than those with less severe pain.
- High Impact Chronic Pain (HICP) affects 4.8 percent of the U.S. adult population”. About 83% of people suffering HICP are “unable to work for a living, and one-third had difficulty with self-care activities such as washing themselves and getting dressed.”
- Several people with chronic pain experience pain-related disability, showing “progressive deterioration in mental and physical health outcomes along with substantially higher health care usage.”
- This condition is commonly related to growing older, like osteoarthritis and low-back pain. But chronic pain can occur together with rheumatoid arthritis, migraine, chronic fatigue syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, and fibromyalgia.
- A pain-related disability may also include anxiety, depression, cognitive difficulty, restricted mobility, and disturbed sleep; this seriously increases lost productivity and makes it difficult to carry out significant life activities.
How does acupuncture work for pain?
Acupuncture is a complementary therapy part of Traditional Chinese medicine, originated in China thousands of years ago. Nowadays, this ancient technique has been growing in popularity in the U.S. medical community and patients.
How TCM therapies work scientifically remains unclear, but NCCIH studies suggest that acupuncture may help alleviate different types of chronic pain. By stimulating “the release of the body’s natural painkillers,” it can “affects areas in the brain involved in processing pain.”
This therapy is the most common form of treatment for pain and symptoms of many illnesses and conditions. As it offers a natural and less invasive healing approach is frequently used to treat pain successfully while avoiding harmful side effects of medications.
Acupuncturists insert very thin needles through the skin to stimulate energy pathways in the human body called meridians. This ancient technique seeks to restore health by correcting the energy flow –our life force or “qi”– when blocked. As we have 12 primary energy meridians deeply connected with the main organs, their stimulation can redirect the energy moves to the appropriate area.
Acupoints stimulation moves blood and improves the body’s natural healing response, helping relieve pain and several chronic conditions effectively.
It also enhances body systems functioning, thus promoting physical and mental health. That involves a wide range of benefits like better sleep, digestion, sex drive, reproduction, reduction of inflammation, and regulation of hormone secretions.
COMMON ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES AND METHODS
Acupuncture (with or without electric stimulation)
Auricular acupuncture (with or without electric stimulation)
What are the Benefits of using
Acupuncture for Pain?
Current treatments for pain consist of medication and physical therapy, whether alone or combined. Conventional medicine uses analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs, but more potent pain relievers can include opioids and antidepressants.
Though each person has a different response to drugs, they can be useful and provide temporary relief. The medication suppresses pain immediately, but once it stops working, the pain returns. They can have considerable side effects such as headaches, breathing problems, stomach ulcers, weight gain, trouble sleeping, or kidney problems.
They also entail potentially dangerous side effects like addiction and the risk of heart attack or stroke, so they can be used for a short period. Besides, health care costs and long-lasting processes may result in withdrawal from treatment, with little improvement in sight.
On the other hand, alternative Medicine offers several affordable therapies to treat different kinds of chronic pain effectively.
Acupuncture works by stimulating the nervous system to release its natural pain killers. Natural pain-relieving chemicals like endorphins positively affect the activity of the organs, enhancing the body’s healing mechanisms.
Most treatable types of pain include:
Back pain is not a disease but a symptom caused by inflammation, strain, or sprain of muscles and ligaments, or even any other ailment.
This condition is “the single leading cause of disability” and “one of the most common reasons for missed work,” according to the American Chiropractic Association. It can affect people of all ages, being one of the most common reasons for doctor visits.
Sanar Healing acupuncture for back pain offers a non drug therapy option to manage chronic low-back pain issues. The benefits of this treatment:
- It reduces pain intensity and inflammation due to lumbar muscle strains, cramps, or spasms; these are the most common causes of low back pain that decrease function and range of motion.
- It triggers the release of natural pain relievers into muscles, spinal cord, and brain; these chemicals are proven to be like opioids and have similar effects.
- It improves the physical functioning of back-related muscles and joints; it also helps in low back weight-bearing function and movements like twisting or bending.
- It works better and faster than conventional treatment, including medication or physical therapy.
- It can work along with traditional medical treatments, even increasing effectiveness.
- It’s a safe option for standard methods to fail or to avoid the dangerous side effects of medications like drug dependency.
Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve irritates, causing inflammation and discomfort. This nerve runs from the hips to the feet, but symptoms typically affect one side of the body. Numbness and weakness can last weeks; eventually, pain becomes progressively disabling.
Benefits of acupuncture for sciatica include:
- Help relieve severe pain radiating from the low back, the buttock area, thigh, calf, and foot.
- Get rid of irritating symptoms like a burning sensation, tingling, jolt, numbness, and loss of sensitivity.
- Needling and other techniques like Biopuncture can treat most musculoskeletal and inflammatory conditions. They all succeed in being a more effective and long-term solution than prescribed pain-killers.
- By inserting needles into the skin, it triggers a response from the central nervous system. Pressing some specific points helps stimulate the body’s healing mechanism, therefore reduce pain and muscle restriction.
- Avoid high doses of pain-killers or help manage the side effects of medication, when prescribed.
- It also may help prevent get surgery to resolve sciatica and underlying problems.
HEADACHES AND MIGRAINES
Migraine is a neurological condition; it differentiates from a common headache by showing severe and recurring pain and other symptoms.
There are multiple causes of headaches and migraines, including genetic and allergy issues, hypertension, and several diseases. Most discomforting conditions can lead to sensitivity to light and sound, the sensation of pressure or burning, and loss of vision.
There is no cure for migraines; current conventional treatments consist of analgesics or narcotics. However, they’re useful to treat warning signs or prevent an attack; their side effects may even increase symptoms or cause more troubles.
Several studies showed that acupuncture for migraines and headaches proved to be as effective as drugs, works faster, and has lasting effects. This technique, part of the TCM practice, can help to:
- Stimulate the body’s healing mechanisms to release its natural pain killers.
Reduce the frequency and severity of attacks.
- Treat other symptoms accompanying migraines such as nausea, vomiting, or tingling.
- Alleviate the side effects of medications, when prescribed.
- Treat headaches due to a disease or other medical conditions.
- Avoid antidepressants related-symptoms such as sedation, insomnia, decreased libido, weight gain, or mood swings.
- Provide a calming effect. It increases energy and mental clarity, it also reduces stress and anxiety, so promoting restful sleep.
- Correct imbalances in the body. Proper energy flow can have positive effects on the body and mind, promoting physical and mental health.
- Provide a more effective, less invasive, and long-term solution than prescribed pain-killers.
OTHER TYPES OF PAIN
TCM therapies can work along with conventional treatments, including medication or physical therapy.
At Sanar Healing we specialize in pain relief due to sports injuries and degenerative condition including:
- Muscle spasm, sprains, and strains.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Chronic pain in knees, shoulder, and neck As a complementary option it also helps to relieve other types of pain from different ailments that include:
- Post-operative pain
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
- Cancer related-symptoms
- Cancer chemotherapy related-effects.
- Cramps, sprains, and tennis elbow
Besides, we offer a complete treatment plan to help manage worries and fears concerning reduced ability, job security, stress, and family tensions.
Is acupuncture painful?
Acupuncture usually doesn’t cause pain; however there is a slim chance you feel some discomfort or sensitivity during a session. That is a normal reaction, but the experience may be different for everyone. Some feel tingling sensations, heaviness, and or relaxation
Acupuncturists insert very thin and rounded-edge needles that can’t cut your skin. They use sterile and disposable needles to avoid any risk of infection.
Unlike conventional treatments, this is a natural and non-invasive method, designed to work according to nature. Since it activates your immune system response, the healing process comes from inside your body; it brings a natural analgesic and sedating effect to help pain release with no harmful side effects.
How many treatments will I need?
A single session at Sanar Healing may last between 60 to 90 minutes, but the number of treatments may be different for everyone.
A first visit involves discussing any concerns about the procedure, along with your needs and expectations. We evaluate your current condition, diagnosis, and medications; then, we suggest an individualized treatment plan, including the method, frequency, and the number of sessions.