Acupuncture for Anxiety
Do you want to naturally relieve anxiety, depression or insomnia?
We offer you relief from physical pain, emotional stress, allergies, and more.
Weight loss and facial rejuvenation, by empowering your body’s natural ability to heal with
Acupuncture and Bio-energetic therapies.
Location Weston Fl
1500 Weston Rd Suite 220 Weston Fl 33326
Location Hialeah Fl
Free consultation and price
Get all answers about Acupuncture and your specific needs. We will talk about insurance plans coverage and the frequency of treatments.
Prices vary depending on the complexity, frequency, and type of therapies. Price range from $80 to $120. Call for more information!.
Alternative or complementary
Acupuncture is either an alternative or a complementary therapy for your health conditions. You can do it as supportive therapy for other treatments like chiropractor, physical therapy, medical treatments, working instead or together for better results, and reducing side effects.
Finding the root
Retrain your body
Finding the root
Retrain your body
Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Dark Spots and Stained Skin
Acupuncture for Weight Loss
- Ear Seeds for Weight Loss
- Acupuncture for Belly Fat
Acupuncture for Pain
- Back and Lower Back
- Carpal Tunnel
- Chronic Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Muscle Strain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rotator Cuff
- And Others
Acupuncture for Mental Health
- Menopause Symptoms
- Menstrual Cramps
- Period Pain
Digestive System Acupuncture
- Irritable Colon
- Gastric Pain
- Gut Health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Stomach Issues
Acupuncture For Fertility
- IVF Acupuncture
- Ear Seeds For Fertility
- Acupuncture For Male Infertility
Acupuncture in Otolaryngology
- Nasal Congestion
- Sinus Headaches
Acupuncture for Sports
- Acupuncture for Athletics
- Golf Elbow
- Tennis Elbow
- Sport Medicine
- Sports Injuries
Acupuncture for Cancer
- Oncology acupuncture
- Cancer Patients
- Cancer Pain Relief
- Chemotherapy Side Effect Symptoms
- Enlarged Prostate and Cancer
Acupuncture for Postoperative Pain
- Postoperative Pain Management
- Alternative Pain Management After Surgery
- Post-Surgery Nerve Pain
Contact us to treat your health problem.
How it works
FREE Initial Phone Consultation
Dr. Liliana Gomez, AP
Florida certified, licensed, acupuncturist.
Dr. Gomez received her bachelor’s and master's degree in Oriental Medicine from ATOM (Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine) Ft. Lauderdale in 2010. Soon after graduation, she started a Bioenergetic program "Sintergetica," and became certified in 2012.
Are you ready for your healing journey?
How much Acupuncture cost?
Does acupuncture hurt?
Talk to your therapist about what to expect and discuss any concerns about the procedure before the treatment begins.
Is acupuncture safe?
Needling is the most common technique used to stimulate acupoints. Needles are exceptionally thin and rounded-edge, so they can’t cut your skin; they’re also sterile, disposable, so avoiding any risk of infection.
Does acupuncture have any side effects?
Unlike conventional Western Medicine, alternative Medicine is designed to work according to nature. By enhancing all body functions, it activates the immune system response; therefore, the healing process comes from inside your body.
This natural and non-invasive treatment provides an analgesic and sedating effect to help pain release, also minimal or non-existent side effects compared to prescribed medications.
How long do treatments last? How many sessions will I need?
At Sanar Healing, the first visit consists of evaluating your current condition, diagnosis, and herbal formulas to suggest for an individualized treatment plan. Then we'll discuss with you the method, frequency, and the number of sessions that can better suit your needs and expectations.
What is the best type of acupuncture for me?
Our healing techniques may include Cupping, Moxibustion, Tuina massage, Gua Sha, and Herbal Prescription; also the use of non-invasive tools like energy amplifiers, magnets, and colored-light.
When looking for Acupuncture in Weston, Pembroke Pines, Cooper City, or Plantation, we offer you customized treatments.
We'll make sure the recommended technique and intent of the treatment fit for your unique condition, diagnosis, and criteria.
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is the natural response of our body to stress; it’s an emotional reaction causing worry, apprehension, fear, and other physical signs about future events.
Most people can experience anxiety at some point in their lives. Fear is a very emotional response to a real or perceived danger or threat; stress happens when our body reacts to those situations.
Since they’re a normal response due to an external cause, a bit of them can keep us safe and alert to potential threats. But, an excessive, intense feeling of fear and constant stress affecting everyday life may be a sign of an anxiety disorder.
In ordinary anxiety, fear and worry relate to specific and real problems, and feelings disappear after events are over.
An anxiety disorder involves excessive worrying about unrealistic future problems. The persistent feeling of dread and apprehension for no reason is hard to control; this state remains even when the situation has been resolved.
From the TCM perspective, anxiety occurs due to an imbalance of complementary forces yin and yang. Disruption in the energy flow –or qi– results in illness, affecting the proper function of internal organs and emotions.
What causes anxiety?
Specific causes of anxiety remain unclear, though researchers determine that involves both internal and external factors.
Mental disorders can run in the family. That may be an inherited factor coming from one or both parents.
Some individuals are prone to anxiety; inheritance can even increase susceptibility to developing any mental disorder.
Disruptions to the brain due to severe stress can seriously affect the ability to control mood, fear, and other emotions.
Ailments, as well as mental disorders, can aggravate or trigger symptoms of anxiety. Otherwise, it can be an underlying symptom of any other disease that may be required to diagnose.
Stress due to:
- Medication side-effects
- Prolonged symptoms of a disease
- Extreme stressful situations such as work pressure, financial issues, grief for a recent loss, or break up.
- Environmental factors
- In high-altitude areas, low oxygen levels can cause breathing difficulty setting anxiety off.
- Also, diet could be a factor when consuming some foods or drinks, including sugar and caffeine.
- Traumatic past experiences can have a significant impact on the psyche, making it difficult to manage emotions.
- It may often be childhood or adolescence-related but also to adulthood due to military combat, for instance.
- Substance abuse
- Alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, and illicit drugs or their withdrawal can make anxiety disorder worse.
Is anxiety a mental illness?
An anxiety disorder is a mental illness impacting the daily life of millions of people at any age. This form of emotional disease is the most common mental health issue in the U.S.
Anxiety disorders are a form of emotional and mental disorder related to many different diseases, such as:
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Illness anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Is anxiety dangerous?
Severe symptoms of anxiety make it difficult to function at work and reduce social interaction; when diagnosed, it may be considered a cause of disability.
The prevalence of this condition differs by sex, race, and educational level of the affected population, but all weight problems result in numerous diseases and health issues.
Women are more prone to anxiety and stress than men, but sweating, irritability, and insomnia are also menopause-related-symptoms. Many anxiety symptoms often come along with other mental illnesses such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or depression.
Dismiss or ignore all these signs increase the risks of misdiagnosing, therefore the adequate treatment; it will also make anxiety symptoms worse, severely impacting your quality of life.
Rapid heart rate Increased alertness, hyper-vigilance, high blood pressure, headaches, trouble concentrating, sweating, twitches, shakiness, dry mouth, muscle tension.
Feelings of excessive worry, apprehension, or dread.
Chronic stress, panic attacks, compulsive behavior, insomnia. Avoidance of daily life routines and social activities
Is anxiety curable?
Anxiety disorders can be treated, though a permanent cure depends on very much many things.
Current anti-anxiety treatments consist of medication and psychotherapy, whether alone or combined. Antidepressants provide temporary relief to physical symptoms, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT helps to manage emotions and thoughts.
However, these two options may not work for everyone and be unsuitable in the long run. Medications can have an unpleasant side-effect, and sometimes patients can offer tolerance for drugs, making them ineffective.
Psychotherapy is an important method, and it can be supported with acupuncture to get better results, resulting in less withdrawal from treatment and reduced rates of relapse.
Alternative Medicine offers different affordable therapies to treat anxiety disorders naturally and effectively.
How does Acupuncture for Anxiety work?
TCM and oriental Medicine offer excellent therapies for a wide range of conditions, including anxiety disorders. These ancient practices are proven to be useful to treat anxiety, depression, and other emotional afflictions.
Acupuncture and Auricular therapy are especially advisable to help with anxiety as an alternative or complementary treatment to psychological therapy, depending on the severity of condition. They work by regulating physiological conditions and restoring the balance of qi in the body.
The stimulation of specific points on the body affects the mind and body, promoting the body’s natural ability to heal itself. This technique remarkably helps to reduce anxiety symptoms and further causes in a natural and less invasive way.
At Sanar Healing, we can provide a safe, soothing treatment for your anxiety troubles. Our naturally-based healing approach will bring you a calming experience with a lasting outcome and no harmful side-effects.
Seven significant Benefits of using acupuncture for anxiety
The mind-body approach of acupuncture treatments offers a genuine relief for anxiety related-symptoms. These beneficial effects include:
1. It relieves pain. By pressing acupoints, it blocks stress hormones and releases endorphins, which activates our natural pain killers. This technique reduces physical anxiety-related symptoms such as rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, and headaches.
2. It boosts energy. Regulation of the energy flow stimulates the nervous, immune, and endocrine systems, so improving blood flow and bodily functions.
3. It has a natural calming effect. Most Oriental Medicine provides a natural sedating and antidepressant effect that helps alleviate stressful emotions. Restore balance releases endorphins, which create positive impacts on the mind and body, allowing your natural healing process to begin.
4. It improves the quality of sleep. Restful sleep can do a lot to reduce common anxiety symptoms that can affect mood and emotional behavior like sadness, irritability, sleep apnea, and insomnia.
5. It’s entirely safe and drug-free. This natural and non-invasive treatment is designed to work according to nature. TCM is proven as effective as drugs and psychotherapy to treat anxiety disorders. In fact, it’s a safe option to reduce the side effects of prescribed medications or avoid them at all.
6. It works faster. Some people may experience instant relief; others may take longer before seeing results. However, after a few visits, they can feel subtle and gradual changes, increasing confidence, and overall wellness.
7. It’s a cost-effective solution. Alone or in conjunction with other techniques, acupuncture reveals to be a more effective and long-term solution than prescribed pain-killers. Since it works faster than conventional Medicine, you may even reduce the impact of costs on both drugs and visits.
Anxiety issues are challenging to manage by yourself. Consider getting help immediately if you or a relative recognize two or more of the symptoms described above.
If considering alternative Medicine, Sanar Healing can help you to deal with this mental condition and overcome anxiety and depression issues.